I will hold nothing back

Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.

3.11.2009

Who needs state-of-the-art equipment?

This first picture is actually during one of the calm times yesterday, when the wind wasn't blowing very hard.


I don't know if you can see it, but there's a very small speck of pink under Dad's hand; that's actually the top of a yardstick. Basically, there was a three-foot snow drift in our driveway--and that picture was taken last night!


So, guess what we got to do all day? Yep, shovel out. Carl has four snow-removal jobs, so he was up bright and early! He worked at one house for about an hour, then called me to come over and help him. We worked for a little over two more hours to get that driveway done--and let me tell you, it seemed to stretch on forever! It was about twice as big as our driveway, and ours isn't too small! Once we got done with that job, we came home and had a quick break. Then Carl was off to another job; but at least this one had a snowblower. It still took him two or more hours to finish. Then, another quick break, and on to the next job, which also had a snowblower.
In the meantime, Robbie worked for about an hour on our driveway (which is usually his job alone), then came in for lunch. After lunch, he and I both went out and finished shoveling the driveway. It took around two more hours of (more or less) non-stop work, but we got it and the sidewalk done! While we were shoveling, Mom came out and said that one of our neighbors wanted us to clear off their sidewalk (for which we would be paid). That was even more work than our sidewalk, because the snow was about twice as deep there! We finally got done with that, and were just about ready to go inside and relax when . . . we noticed the side of the house wasn't shoveled. Argh! But, since that's the only way to get to the garbage cans, we went at it. The snow there was about waist-high the entire time. It eventually got to the point where the snow piles were too high to fling snow over (because of our neighbor's fence), so I climbed up on top of them and dug them out with my hands so we whould have somewhere to put the snow. Fun times!
But we FINALLY got done, and were able to come inside and relax. However, Carl had one more job to do after the second snow-blowing job (an unplanned job), so he wasn't done 'til almost five tonight. And actually, he and Dad are out doing another house right now so he doesn't have to do it tomorrow.
Needless to say, we all are exhausted! I'm sore all over! Like I was saying, who needs a fancy gym to stay strong? Give 'em a shovel and North Dakota snow, and they'll become instantly strong!
However hard the work, though, it made for a great school day! What better way to learn how to work to earn a living than actually to do it all day?


Posted by Picasa

No comments: