I will hold nothing back

Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.

11.30.2009

Thanksgiving 2009

To say we were busy this Thanksgiving would be an understatement. We pretty much went everywhere all at once, and while it was good to see everyone again, it left us rather exhausted. Wednesday we picked up a couple of cousins on our way to our grandma's house, which always makes for fun memories! "Hot potato/dodgeball", football, hide-and-seek (in the DARK), and lots of card games kept us busy. I love my time with my cousins, and wish it could happen more often. Friday morning we left for my grandparents' farm, and got there around lunch time. It was great to see everyone again, especially those that we only see maybe once a year. By Friday afternoon, I was dragging and trying very desperately to stay awake. I had pretty much refused to allow myself to be tired the weeks before, and then when the stress of school and everything completely dissapated for a couple days, the exhaustion hit. I think I was in bed by 9 that night, and stayed there for about 12 hours. Saturday was my cousin's wedding, and once again I got to see cousins that I hardly ever see, so that was good. Sunday afternoon we came home--and now I think I need a vacation from my vacation. :) Anyway, here are the pictures I'm sure you're waiting for. And I know I said I'd post about my birthday, but that's gonna have to wait 'til another day.
Hot potato/Dodgeball--hurry up guys!
Great view from here (but not too safe!)
Cards are always a huge hit in our family . . .
. . . and football, of course!
Crazy cousins!
And I love them dearly!
All dressed up for the wedding . . .
Ah, sibling love . . .

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I absolutely LOVE the pictures!!! Looks like you had a great time and made some wonderful memories.

Those matching outfits are awesome! I can just hear you saying into Carl's arm, "You're messing up my HAIR!!" ha ha

I know you've probably told me, but what are your cousin's names again (the ones in the pictures)? Cousins are a blast, aren't they?!

Andrea said...

My cousins would be Tony and Michaela--and they're two of my favorite people in the whole world! It's one of those things where you try not to play favorites, but it's no secret that Michaela and I are so close. :)

As for the headlock picture, I was laughing too hard to say anything. :)