I will hold nothing back

Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.

12.17.2008

Welcome to our world

Tears are falling, hearts are breaking
How we need to hear from God
You've been promised, we've been waiting

Welcome Holy Child
Welcome Holy Child

Hope that you don't mind our manger
How I wish we would have known
But long-awaited Holy Stranger

Make Yourself at home
Please make Yourself at home

Bring Your peace into our violence
Bid our hungry souls be filled
Word now breaking Heaven's silence

Welcome to our world
Welcome to our world

Fragile finger sent to heal us
Tender brow prepared for thorn
Tiny heart whose blood will save us

Unto us is born
Unto us is born

So wrap our injured flesh around You
Breathe our air and walk our sod
Rob our sin and make us holy

Perfect Son of God
Perfect Son of God
Welcome to our world

Have you ever really taken the time to think about what it meant to have Jesus come to our world in fleshly form? The One True God, the King of the universe, chose to send His only Son in order to reconcile us to Himself. He didn't have to do that; He chose to, simply because that's how much He loves you. And yet we go through the Christmas season thinking about all the presents we have to buy and where we're going to spend our time; and never pause and think about the real reason for the season; Jesus Christ becoming flesh. If we truly understood what it meant for God to become flesh, and how much Jesus went through because of His love for us, we would weep with gratitude and humility. May this Christmas season be filled with love and gratitude for the One who gave His life for you.

No comments: