I still can't believe it. We are going to the Post-season!
We were on our way home today, so you can bet that the radio was on in the car for the entire game! And man, welcome to Drama-central! The Vikings draw first blood, then the Giants come back to within one point at halftime, then go ahead in the third quarter. In the end, it all boiled down to a 51-yard field goal attempt by Ryan Longwell. After a tremendous catch by Berrian, this scenerio ensues. . .
With nine seconds on the clock, Giants call a timeout. And the Vikings set up the field goal unit--WAIT A MINUTE! At the last second, Childress sends T-Jack out for one last play. Are you crazy?! Giants players are scrambling to assemble themselves. Jackson steps up to pass--incomplete!
Vikings scramble around, trying set up the FG unit. Come on, Longwell, you can do this. With Klewe to hold. . . Timeout Giants. Five seconds.
Field goal unit sets up again. Fists clenched, neck muscles tensed, and adrenaline pumping. Please Ryan, please. . . "The kick is up and it iiiiiiisss. . .GOOD! IT'S GOOD! THE VIKINGS HAVE CLAIMED THE NFC NORTH CHAMPIONSHIP! LONGWELL MADE A 51-YARD FIELD GOAL AS TIME EXPIRED!"
"YAAAAHHOOO!!" Our dog jumped a mile as the car exploded with screams and clapping. The entire county probably heard our cheering! But who cares?! The Vikings haven't had a NFC North champ title since 2000! GO VIKINGS!!
And to a certain reader who is a major Packer fan, at least they didn't lose to the Lions, right? :-)
Pages
I will hold nothing back
Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.
3 comments:
Okay Andrea, I've had it with your pro-Viking blog posts. I never should have helped you get your blog set up. I suppose this comment will let the whole world know who your "major Packer" friend is, but oh well. I'm proud of my team. They may not have done very well this year, but, may I kindly remind you - THE VIKINGS HAVE NOT WON A SINGLE SUPERBOWL!!! (and I hope they never do!) The Packers, on the other hand, have won THREE!!! HA HA HA (or is it four, or five? oh dear, I'm not sure)
Okay, I'm done venting, but you just wait - next year my blog will be just FULL of pro-Packer posts!! :-)
See ya soon!
Hannah
Uh-huh; and those posts will be about how embarrassed you are to be a fan, right? After all, after this season, what makes you so sure they'll be any good next year? :) :) :)
May both teams lose all their games. Or just quit and buy their own balls, then everyone'd be happy.
That's my attitude about sports. :-)
Post a Comment