I will hold nothing back

Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.

12.06.2008

Oak Grove Chess Tournament

We made it to our first scholastic chess tournament of the year today. It was held at Oak Grove-the school we play chess for-and we had a huge turnout of kids from OG. The team did well, placing in the top two places for Jr. High, and all three of the top places for Sr. High. Robbie won three games in the Jr. High, but unfortunately that wasn't enough to place. Carl and I both played in the Sr. High division, and did pretty well. Carl went 4-1, which was enough to get 2nd overall, with a first place in his grade. I went 5-0; this is the first time I've ever gone totally undefeated (OK, I've gotten 4.5, but still)! I even beat the kid that Carl lost to, so that was an accomplishment! And let me tell you, that game was a battle to the very end! I was up a piece almost from the start, but he fought back and almost beat me before I was able to attack him to the point where he resigned. Here are a couple of pictures--I wanted to get some of us playing, but didn't have a chance to do so (guess that's the price you pay when you are always the last game done).

Posted by Picasa

No comments: