I have recently come to the conclusion that, as a nursing student, I live in a cave. At least when it comes to the world outside my campus. I am ridiculously out of the loop when it comes to world news, politics, or even local news for that matter. It's kinda amusing at times, to be honest. I've heard so many people complain about all the political ads and how ready they are for elections to be over, and I could honestly count on one hand the number of ads I've heard. I haven't watched a news broadcast since the beginning of the summer, so to say I've been in a few situations where I've had to say "Wait, what happened?" would be the understatement of the century. And don't even ask me about local events... no clue. Sad? Well, maybe. Perhaps I should be paying a bit more attention to the world... okay, scratch that. I know I should. At least enough to have some sort of idea of what's been going on.
But. Yeah, you knew there was a but coming, didn't you? But I know what's going on in the world God has placed me in. I know what my small group girls are going through. I know what I need to be praying for, and when I should be praying. I've watched breakthroughs happen. I've seen people turn to Jesus. I know when I need to drop to my knees and intercede for someone. I've walked into situations that only God could have orchestrated so perfectly to let His glory be revealed. I'm not perfect; far from it. I still fall; I still miss it; and I still make mistakes. But with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I am striving to be completely aware of what's going on in my world.
Are you so concerned with what's going on half a world away that you don't even see the broken heart in the person sitting next to you in class? Are you watching the political campaigning with such intensity that you ignore the battle that's being waged over your neighbor's very soul?
I'm not saying we shouldn't be aware of what's going on in the world. But don't get so caught up in the "big" picture that you ignore the details. The next person God brings into your life could be the one to change the world. Be faithful in small things, because souls really aren't small.
Pages
I will hold nothing back
Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment