I absolutely love the song "Treasure" by Desperation, and lately some of the lyrics have been hitting me really hard.
I'm seeking Your face
With intentions of finding You
Can you say that of your own life? Do you simply go through the motions of having a quiet time, of praying, of praising and glorifying God in worship? Or do you enter with intentions of finding Him? Do you wander aimlessly, not really caring if you stumble upon some gem of truth, or do you relentlessly pursue the presence of your God and King? You can pray "Lord reveal Yourself to me," and you can sing "Lord I need more of You," but do you truly mean it? Or are you just saying the words, while distractions pull you in every direction but the one you should be focused on?
I don't know about you, but today those words pierced me to the core. So often I find myself content with simply reading my Bible, praying, etc, and then crossing it off my checklist; when in fact I should be saying "Here I am Lord, and I will not leave until You show Yourself to me. I will not relent until I find You."
Pages
I will hold nothing back
Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment