Well, I'm going to attempt to get y'all up-to-date on what's been happening in our household for the last month and a half. It could take a while.
June actually wasn't as busy as July is turning out to be, but it sure seemed to slip away too quickly. The biggest news for that month was, once again, the Red River. It flooded quite a bit higher than anyone expected, and washed out several roads (and golf courses, and parks, etc). Thankfully, as we were driving home yesterday we noticed that the river is now back within it's banks. Now the cleanup can begin. Again.
Other than that, there aren't too many things worth mentioning about that month. I went in for my freshman orientation at NDSU (which was a complete waste of time!) and got my class schedule for the fall; my parents and I have been coaching baseball for homeschoolers on Saturday mornings this summer, and that has been really fun. When I played baseball with the homeschool group in the past, it was really frustrating for me because they didn't actually teach kids how to play--they just sorta let you hit the ball, and then go stand in the field; my parents taught all of us kids the rules of pretty much every sport from the time we could walk, so it's been kinda surprising to see these teen boys who have no idea how to field a ball. Still, it's been really fun to be able to teach kids how to play properly and see them improve; and of course they all love the scrimmaging time.
We also got a second vehicle last month, and I am REALLY enjoying having a car at my disposal, so I'm not dependent on other schedules when it comes to working or school this fall.
July is shaping up to be one BUSY month! We went to my grandparents' farm over the Fourth, and that was really fun! We went to a parade on Friday (and let me tell you, for a small town, they sure have a long parade!), a water-ski show Saturday afternoon, and the fireworks Saturday night. In between those things, we pretty much stuck around the farm playing games, climbing up in the grain barn, driving Grandpa's tractors, and shooting one of our .22s (one of the highlights, as far as I'm concerned!).
Alright, I know--enough jabbering, let's see some pictures! These are from our weekend at the farm.
Other than that, there aren't too many things worth mentioning about that month. I went in for my freshman orientation at NDSU (which was a complete waste of time!) and got my class schedule for the fall; my parents and I have been coaching baseball for homeschoolers on Saturday mornings this summer, and that has been really fun. When I played baseball with the homeschool group in the past, it was really frustrating for me because they didn't actually teach kids how to play--they just sorta let you hit the ball, and then go stand in the field; my parents taught all of us kids the rules of pretty much every sport from the time we could walk, so it's been kinda surprising to see these teen boys who have no idea how to field a ball. Still, it's been really fun to be able to teach kids how to play properly and see them improve; and of course they all love the scrimmaging time.
We also got a second vehicle last month, and I am REALLY enjoying having a car at my disposal, so I'm not dependent on other schedules when it comes to working or school this fall.
July is shaping up to be one BUSY month! We went to my grandparents' farm over the Fourth, and that was really fun! We went to a parade on Friday (and let me tell you, for a small town, they sure have a long parade!), a water-ski show Saturday afternoon, and the fireworks Saturday night. In between those things, we pretty much stuck around the farm playing games, climbing up in the grain barn, driving Grandpa's tractors, and shooting one of our .22s (one of the highlights, as far as I'm concerned!).
Alright, I know--enough jabbering, let's see some pictures! These are from our weekend at the farm.
Target practice . . . 
Playing the fishing game . . .
The fireworks . . .
Beautiful sunset . . .
Well, that's all for now. We'll be home for the rest of the week, and then next week we'll be going to Fort Ransom State Park for our camping trip. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures when we get back from that!
No comments:
Post a Comment