I will hold nothing back

Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.

7.25.2009

The teen that honors God . . .

. . . Will have His blessing on her. Okay, yes, that's a take off of a line in Facing the Giants; however, it certainly applies here. Today my friend Amy Anderson (17 years old) won the USGA Girls Junior Amateur Championship and brought home another big trophy to go with her and her brother's ever-growing collection. We followed her progress online yesterday and today, and are so excited for her! Throughout her young career, Amy has always given all the glory to God for her ability. She has honored her parents and loved her family, and is very outspoken about her faith in Jesus Christ. Today, God honored her for that, and I am blessed to call her my friend. Way to go Amy!

Click here for more info about her win today.

1 comment:

hsmom_cca said...

Humble, sweet, and AGAIN successful Amy....and the teens that rally along side her, with joy and pride for her-what more could us parents be thankful for.
A good bunch of teens, we have here! This mom is blessed to call you all, friends of our kids and family. AND yep-WAY TO GO, AMY!