I will hold nothing back

Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.

5.26.2009

Recital and graduation

I’ll get to my graduation in a minute.

I realized I totally forgot to post about Robbie’s birthday earlier this month, and I want to say a very belated “Happy Birthday” to him now. We now have three teenagers in the house. Yikes! Just kidding! I love you Robbie!!

Also, my parents celebrated their 22nd wedding anniversary on the 23rd, and instead of going out and having a day to themselves, they spent the day getting ready for my recital. THANK YOU, and I love you both!

Okay, as for my recital. It went really well, all things considered. I love performing (bet you didn’t know that!), and all my songs were ones I loved, so that was really fun for me. I played duets with both of my brothers, all of which went superbly. It was Robbie’s first duet, and his first time performing, and he was awesome! He was really nervous going into it, but he played SOOOO well! About halfway through the program I got up and gave a very impromptu speech (and I do mean very impromptu!), and then I read a poem a dear friend of mine wrote a few years ago (thank you Audra, for letting me share it!). The graduation part was great, too. My parents shared some of their memories of me growing up, and then presented me with my diploma. YEA!! The reception was fun, of course. It was great to get a chance to talk to everyone who came, especially since I don’t see some of them very often.

I know, I know. Enough with the talk, let’s see some pictures! I've had to break them into several posts; my computer's acting weird and won't let me post them all at once. But anyway, here they are! And a huge THANK YOU to Stacia for taking all of them!











No comments: