Fall is my favorite season, for pretty much no other reason than for the return of football. The past couple of weeks have kicked off another season on the high school, college, and pro levels. High school is, I think, the best football to watch. Carl is playing high school football this year, so that's been really fun. Being he's only a freshman, he plays on the JV team, but for the last varsity game, his team was up by so far that the coaches let some of the younger ones play-including Carl! He was so pumped. He played most of the fourth quarter, and did really well for going up against varsity players. We were so happy for him-it was really fun watching him. Then, yesterday, the JV team played, and Carl got to play every minute except special teams. He even got the game-winning sack on defense! Ok, so he had some help, but he initiated it.
Here's a picture of Carl in his JV game jersey. Not the greatest quality picture, but it's the best I could do for now.
On the college level, the NDSU Bison are off to a great start with two huge wins. We haven't been to any of their games yet, but I'm hoping to make it to at least one. They're a great team to watch.
And of course, the NFL kicked off another season this past weekend. It was a heart-breaking day yesterday as the Vikings extended their consecutive losses against the Packers to five (Hannah, don't you say a word!). Like I said, high school football is the game to watch. :)
That's all for now, but I'm hoping to get some pictures of Carl's football games soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment