I will hold nothing back

Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.

9.14.2008

Football, frustration, and fellowship

It was not a good weekend for our football teams. Carl's high school football team had their homecoming game on Saturday. It rained off and on throughout the game, making the field and players a muddy mess. They played the same team they had beaten in the State Championship last year, but you couldn't tell from the way they played. By the fourth quarter, the score was so pathetic the coaches decided to let the JV team play. So, even though we lost pretty badly, Carl got some more playing time. I had hoped to get some pictures of the game, but I didn't want to bring out any cameras in the rain.
NDSU also took a beating, losing to Wyoming yesterday. And we won't even mention the pro games.

On another note, most of you probably know I'm taking an online Sociology course this semester. With every passing week, I become even more convinced it should be called Socialism 101. It is frustrating to no end. I just don't understand how anyone can be so blind to the lies of the enemy. Every chapter tears apart the very values on which this country was founded. One thing that sort of shocked me-although it shouldn't have-is how feminism has been creeping into school textbooks. Even small things, like saying "women and men" instead of the other way around. I have nothing against people wanting women to have equal opportunity, but I do have a problem with those who are trying to feminize the United States. I know this might offend some people, but I offer no apologies. Read your Bibles. The man is to be the head of the household, nation, etc. Not the other way around. Period.
One aspect of this whole class ordeal that I've found rather interesting is the class discussion time. There have been some controversial topics, but I've found that I'm the only one who will openly disagree with anyone. I've tried to get some friendly debates going, but no one else will disagree with any of their classmates. This is kind of disappointing for me, because I like a good debate/argument (bet you didn't know that!).

With the frustrations of my Sociology class, I've found myself spending more and more time with my Jesus. Whether I'm reading His Word or just talking to Him, being in His presence has been what's kept me going, more so now than ever before. I'll leave you with some lyrics from Chris Sligh that have hit very close to home lately. This is my prayer, and I hope it encourages you in your walk today.

I've had just enough of the spotlight when it burns bright
To see how it gets in the blood.
And I've tasted my share of the sweet life and the wild ride
And found a little is not quite enough.
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change.

Empty me of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you.


I've seen just enough of the quick buys of the best lies
To know how prodigals can be drawn away.
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change.

Cause everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you, compared to you.
Cause everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you so why surrender all?


~Empty Me by Chris Sligh

No comments: