I will hold nothing back

Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.

3.12.2010

Since I can't think of anything creative to write

This is a 250-word essay I wrote for a scholarship application, and I thought it'd give you a good overview of where my heart is.

“Just get through this part of my life.” That was my mindset last fall when I began my first semester at NDSU. I am a pre-nursing student, and the academic pressure placed on nursing students is tremendous. My goal was simply to get into the Nursing program and do well in school. However, through a series of divine interventions, my viewpoint began to shift about halfway through the fall semester. I began to see the campus of NDSU not as a trial to be endured, but as an empire to be conquered; and as a world to be impacted. When I get to the very heart of the matter, academics are not the most important thing about school. It is about the people around me. How can I impact this campus in a lasting way? When I walk away from this campus, what kind of legacy will I leave? Will I just be another student who did well academically and found a well-paying job, or will I be a student that God used to change lives? Jobs come and go, and money can be made and lost all-too easily; but the souls of those around me will last forever.

As a nurse, I will have the same opportunity. Working in a hospital will allow me to have a lasting impact on those around me. I may be the only one to show love and compassion to the hurting in this world. And that’s the greatest joy I can think of.

No comments: