The whip falls again
Again, You are forced to stand and take the pain
You utter not a word as You take my blame.
As each brutal lash is given
You pray for them to be forgiven.
As You are beaten, You look for strength from above
How can I understand this kind of Love?
The cross is laid on Your bruised and bleeding shoulders.
As You walk up this hill, You are surrounded by soldiers
Waiting for You to fall, giving them reason to beat You again.
Every stumble is agony; every fall, throbbing pain.
Why? Why would You choose to do this for me?
The tears cloud my eyes, through them I cannot see.
The weight of Your cross is lifted, and the relief shows on Your face
You pray silently as another is made to carry it in Your place.
Walking up the hill, Your eyes show the grief
Of seeing the crowd’s unbelief.
They taunt, they jeer, they laugh as You stumble to Your fate
They do not understand; instead You are the One they hate.
How do you walk through this, showing only Love?
My Jesus, where does Your strength come; from above?
They bind You to the cross, the ropes cutting Your flesh
There is no hate in Your eyes; instead, it is them that You bless.
The splinters from the cross slice into Your back
Yet, instead of cursing, You lament at the understanding they lack.
As each nail is driven
You cry “Father, forgive them.”
Through the cloud of searing pain
You make no sound as You take my shame.
The tears stream down my face
As You give Your life in my place.
Tears of Love fall from Your face;
I cannot understand this kind of grace.
Each drop of Blood that was spilled
Was my debt, fulfilled.
As Your innocent Blood flows down;
I, like a lost sheep, am found.
My Savior, My King
Why do You lay down everything
Just to call me Friend?
Your Love and grace shows no end.
As Your life slips away
You lift up Your head and begin to pray
“Abba, Father why have You forsaken me?”
Your Father turns His head, the sin He cannot bear to see.
You pay for my sins, both present and past
And pray as You breathe Your last
“Father, into Thy hands I commit my spirit.”
Your breathing ceases, and You release Your spirit.
The women walk to the grave,
Nothing more than a hollowed out cave.
They walk with grief and sorrow,
Not knowing what will happen tomorrow.
They see the stone moved away
And start to shake with fear and dismay
They run to the cave, now empty inside
And wonder at the meaning, stone at its side.
An angel appeared to them, shining with heaven’s glory
And spoke to them saying, “Why do you worry?
Do you not remember what He said?
That in three days He would rise from the dead.
He is not here, He has risen
And new life you have been given.
Through Him crucified
The Father, glorified.”
Glorious, Majestic, Holy King
Forever You live, Master over everything
Defeating death and darkness, taking its keys
And the light, You free.
Precious Lord, Beautiful Savior
Risen on high, King forevermore.
God Almighty, Jehovah, my Jesus
It is You that my heart loves.
My soul aches for You,
I long only for You.
Show me the love You have
Teach me to love like You have.
Alpha, Omega; Beginning and End
You are my closest Friend.
It is Your grace and mercy that frees us.
I love You, my Jesus.
Pages
I will hold nothing back
Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.
2 comments:
Wow. You wrote that, didn't you Andrea? Very touching - the words you chose were just perfect.
Thanks Hannah.
Post a Comment