I will hold nothing back

Worship is not just the songs I sing; it is my lifestyle. It will be passionate. It will be driven. It will demand an explanation. I will be open; I will be vulnerable. I will stay broken and humble at the feet of Jesus. I will live with such intensity that I must continually seek God's presence so I don't burn out. I will seek God first in everything. I will be filled so I can pour myself out over and over. I will desire nothing but to sit at the feet of Jesus and cry, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." I will live for the glory of my Savior.

11.24.2008

18

Today is my 18th birthday. I can hardly believe time has flown by so quickly. We actually celebrated my birthday over the weekend, as Carl has a football banquet to go to tonight. My parents absolutely blew me away with what they had planned for me. Friday evening, after I was done working, Mom picked me up and asked where I wanted to go to eat. Then she said it had to be some place that was quick, because there was a Bison basketball game we were going to watch. So we grabbed a quick bite to eat and went and watched the Bison women's team wallop Valley City State 78-49. THEN, we got in the car, and Mom said she didn't want to go home yet, so she started driving in the opposite direction of our house. I had no idea what was going on, and I knew better than to ask, so I just enjoyed the ride and didn't say anything. Until she pulled up in the back of a hotel and handed me a room key. That's right; Mom and I stayed in a hotel overnight!! I was so stunned-especially when I walked into the room and all our stuff was already there! We stayed up late watching some sports and some reruns of old TV shows (and talking, of course). The next morning we spent at the mall and Scheels and some other places. After Mom took me out for lunch, we went home to get ready to go to some friends' farm for the afternoon and evening. We had so much fun there. We usually get together with these families about once a month. I think one of my favorite parts of the days we spend together is playing football and soccer with all the other kids (and dads). We had a Bible study and worship time, which was really good, and then a meal. We spent the time after the meal talking-debating, really-and playing volleyball and basketball. We didn't get home until after 1 in the morning, so needless to say, we slept in pretty late. :) Sunday morning Mom made caramel rolls for us (yum!), and for dinner I got to choose the entire meal. I mostly asked for books (and some music) for presents, so now I can't decide which to read first! I have had a terrific birthday, and am so blessed to be surrounded by such a fantastic family and great friends. Thank you to everyone who had a hand in making my birthday so special!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

You're welcome! It was great to totally surprise you! It was a lot of fun for me too!
Love,
Mom

hsmom_cca said...

So glad your mom pulled one over on you, Andrea. What a day to remember! Where has the time gone!!!